Yogic-Shamanic Retreat in Rhodes – Medicine Wheel
Spring / Summer 2021 – dates to be announced
the description below is the one we planned for 2020
A theme we feel coming up strongly is: Moving through the Medicine Wheel
In the stunning environment of our Venue Kalopetri we will enjoy powerful morning Yoga sessions on the beautiful Yoga Deck with Sea view, experience magical ceremonies in Natur and just relax into the moment.
This year’s guiding frame is the medicine wheel, a circular structure like a Mandala, that is outlined within the four compass directions. We are going to move through the four directions from South to North to West to East, experiencing and exploring the different Elements and qualities that each of the direction represents: Water and the Emotions in the South, Air and the Intellect in the North, Earth and the Body in the West, Fire and the Spirit in the East, to finally arrive in the completion of the Center, right here right now.
Our morning Asana practice will be under the theme of the current direction and element, that will give us a perspective to move our bodies and minds through.
Task-sheets will be given in an orientation talk after breakfast to further deepen and integrate the reaction with the themes of the day.
On three of the afternoons we will visit powerful places in nature to make our ceremonies: Singing, Shamanic Journeying and Trance Dance.
Overview / Schedule
- thematic morning Yoga classes
- Orientation talk
- sharing circles
- Meditations, dynamic, still, some with live music
- Excursions for Ceremonies at power places in nature
- optional Excursion to the neighbouring island of Chalki
- Shamanic drum journeys
- Soundjourneys with Gong, Singing Bowls, Sitar, Didgeridoo and more
- Trancedance and trance-inducing techniques
- Stay in the beautiful and quality Auberge Kalopetri with breathtaking seaview surrounded by untouched nature
- located in the unspoiled and wild southwest of Rhodes
- beach is in 10 minutes walking distance
- enjoy a nutritious vegetarian breakfast rich in local tastes
- shared double room / Bungalow
- wonderful wooden Yoga Deck with seaview
David Ikonomou and Christof Schnepp will be facilitating and guiding you with all their care and experience through the classes, ceremonies and processes.
Price in a shared double room: 848 €
Included is: Accommodation, Facilitation, hearty Breakfast
Not included is: Flights, Airport-Transfers and transport for excursions, other meals